retirement


Advertisements

vacate


Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor Malaysia

Kuala Kubu Bharu (alternately known as Kuala Kubu Baru, Kuala Kubu Bahru or Kuala Kubu Baharu commonly referred to as KKB),is a town in Hulu Selangor district, Selangor, Malaysia. It was built after the town of Kuala Kubu was destroyed in a flood in 1883. Kuala Kubu Bharu is located on top of a hill. It is the district capital of Hulu Selangor.

Previously, there was a town called Kuala Kubu nearby. In February 1883 the Kuala Kubu town was destroyed by a great flood causedby a broken dam near the town. Many civilians drowned or lost their home. The flood victims included a district officer of Kuala Kubuduring the British era named Sir Cecil Ranking. The old town was severely flooded and most of the old town’s facilities were damaged beyond repair. A Buddhist temple and a mosque survived the flood. The old town has since been known as Ampang Pecah, or Broken Dam in the  Malay language. The tragedy was probably known as Tragedi Kuala Kubu by local civilians.

After the tragedy, the British government decided to build a new town near the remains of Kuala Kubu. The new town was named Kuala Kubu Bharu,with Bharu meaning “new” in the Malay language. Residential houses have been developed since the 1980s in the previously abandoned old town or Ampang Pecah. Most inhabitants are from the nearby new town of Kuala Kubu Bharu. The redevelopment of Ampang Pecah, the site of the old town,was a natural progression on the organic growth of the new township of Kuala Kubu Bharu. A monument was built here to commemorate the Kuala Kubu tragedy.

work & leisure


Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

yusri b. ramli was here


Pualau Pinang, Malaysia

The Sri Pinang Teachers College was established on June 1, 1957 under the name Daily Training College. The College originally operated in building China Normal School Green Lane Road, Hamilton. In the first year, a total of 321 persons teachers pupils studying in this college. All trainees are studying for 3 years. Subsequently in January 1958, most of the trainees who are undergoing training in Teachers College Kota Bharu has been transferred to this college to continue their training.

Until the 1960’s, the basic qualification is the Certificate of college courses (SRP). After a year they have also taken the School Certificate results. This class is required to undergo training for two years.

In 1973 when the Integrated Teacher Training Programme implemented, these colleges began to provide school teachers and lower secondary education program through the early stages of a child. Consistent with the function and role of the college, the college name was changed to Sri Pinang Teachers College in 1977. Starting in 1981, this college began teaching courses in accordance with the basic six-semester system, and then five semesters.

Because the area at Hamilton College in addition to the lack of a limited basis, in June 1979, the college has moved to Northam Road (now known as Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah) until the college was closed in 1998.